GF, DF, Paleo
Serves: approx. 30
Skill level: Challenging
I’ve received great feedback from these gummies anytime I’ve made them which is why the recipe is finally being published. They're popular because they're great for gut health, mostly because they contain both gelatine and kombucha. Quality gelatine from healthy animals provides us with nutrients such as protein and amino acids that support the strength and integrity of the gut lining. Kombucha is a fermented tea product that contains bacteria that helps to maintain the health of our guts. With these ingredients these gummies are tiny delicious gut health powerhouses.
1 orange, juiced
1 cup water
1/3 cup fruit of choice (mango, berries, peach, banana etc)
4 tablespoons gelatine from grass fed animals
½ cup kombucha (don't buy one that is full of sugar. It defeats the purpose! Remedy is a great brand for our Aussie followers)
1) Place juice, water and fruit in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2) Add gelatine and stir. Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes before placing it into a blender and blending until smooth. IMPORTANT: when blending hot liquids like this mix take out the plug that should be in the hole on the top of any good blender, this allows steam to escape and prevents the blender blowing its lid.
3) Once the mix has been blended it will be quite frothy. Before you add your kombucha ensure that you have enough space in the blender for the mixture to expand further as it will when the fizzy kombucha is added. Once the kombucha is added give the mixture a stir and allow to sit for a few minutes while the froth dissipates.
4) When the froth on top of the mix has decreased you can start spooning or pouring it into silicone moulds such as silicone ice cube trays or candy moulds. Place the silicone moulds on a baking tray to make them easier to move in and out of the fridge without spillage.
5) Refrigerate for at least 1.5 hrs before popping them out of their moulds and placing them in an airtight container in the fridge for storage. Consume within 2 weeks.