Skill level: Easy
This recipe is simple, nutritious and highly addictive! The use of carrots provides a variety
that is much lower in starchy carbohydrates than the potato and sweet potato alternatives. The garlic dip is high in protein and essential nutrients!
-1 kg bag of carrots cut into 1 cm thick sticks
-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
-2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
-A pinch of sea salt and pepper
-½ cup unflavoured and unsweetened Greek yoghurt
-½ teaspoon garlic powder
-A pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper
-1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (fan forced). Line a large baking tray with baking
2) Place carrot sticks in a bowl and sprinkle with oil, cheese, rosemary, salt and
pepper. Toss to ensure all carrot sticks are coated in the seasoning.
3) Spread carrot over the baking tray. If the tray is too crowded the carrots won’t get
crispy so you may need to use 2 trays.
4) Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until carrots are crispy around the edges
but soft inside.
5) While the carrots are baking you can make the garlic dip. Place garlic powder, seasoning and
parsley in a small bowl and stir in the yoghurt.
6) The fries are best served hot from the oven! Take a seat, enjoy your food and don't forget good food is best shared! Especially garlic dip, everyone loves garlic dip.